Monday, May 9, 2016

Urbexing in Green Cove: To the Coffee Shop

           Next stop of the day, Joe and I decided to have some lunch. I told him I know of a small coffee shop we could go to, here in Green Cove. We left the boat marina and small water tower and drove a little ways. We went to Spring Park Cafe, a busy little place within the rest of the silent town. As soon as we walked into the building, the aroma of fresh brewed coffee was all around us. There are chalkboards on every wall with beautifully drawn menus, stories, and pictures. All drawn in the same precise font which Joe and I were impressed by. The cash register is made out of wood, as well as all the coffee pressing equipment. We both ordered a cup of coffee and we watched them press and make it with the wooden tools and levers. Yes, we decided, it certainly is a hipster cafe. Soon the next customer came and we had to move aside for them. Joe and I went and sat down at a table adorned with a vase of flowers, and he took out two sandwiches that he had made for the both of us. We ate our lunch and drank our coffee while enjoying the surroundings and each others company. Then Joe and I discussed plans for the next place we would go urbexing.


2 comments:

  1. Nice! Simple and humane blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your appreciation of my stories! I am very glad you are enjoying my posts.

      Delete